Wednesday 18 April 2012

Instant Oats Delight

As per my standard stretchable time, I am finally here with my recipe of “Oats delight”.

I keep promising myself to improve my deliverables for timely blog update but like any other pro performer; I keep breaking my old records. I can only hope to set a new standard by maintaining timeliness sometime in near future.

As they say- Never let it go till you want to change paths….

Well, I already shared my love for oatmeal in my previous blog post and also the obvious reasons for the same.

All around the world, Oats are overlooked as the breakfast food but there are plenty of ways to include this yummy grain throughout the day. Dishes prepared with oats are not only delicious but also helps to reduce your hunger and thereby helps in the weight loss by sticking to your diet plan. This takes place because oats are good source of fiber and form gels to fill you up. The emptying of stomach is delayed by these gels so you don’t feel starving hastily. As well, oats help to reduce bloating and cholesterol at some extent. They are also rich in thiamine and iron.

Since I am working and constantly juggling between my professional and personal life balance, I do not find quality time to sit and bake a whole lot of breads/cookies using oats. I had to find my own ways to incorporate oats other than the usual cereal/baked methods. One of the easiest and tasty ways of using these nutrition powerhouses is to try my enchanting “Instant Oats Delight”

Ingredients:-

Instant Oats-1 cup (Saffola oats i am using)
Wheat Rava-1/2 cup (if u want u can use white rava)
Curd-1 cup
Water-3/4 or as required
Carrot -1 (grated)
Mustard Seeds-2 tsp

Green Chillies-2 tsp (finely chopped)
Hing-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-few
1/2 tsp chana daal
1/2 tsp urad daal
Eno fruit salt-pinch

Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil-to grease idli plates and for seasoning


Method:-
Dry roast oats for 3 minutes and set aside. Cool it completely then grind it to a fine powder.
Dry roasted rava and oats powder


Dry roast rava till nice aroma rises.It may take 3 to 4 minutes, and then set aside. Transfer to mixing bowl

 Add a tsp of oil in a pan, add mustard seeds,let it splutter then add curry leaves,hing and grated carrot, green chillies,urad daal, chana daal and coriander leaves. Sauté till raw smell of carrot leaves.





In the mixing bowl add oats, rava, add curd, salt, baking soda, eno fruit salt and sautéed tempered carrot mixture. Add required water to make a batter consistency of our normal idly batter.

Batter

Grease the idli plates with little oil. Gently put the batter on idli plates with ladle.Steam it for15 minutes or until done.


You can serve it directly with your preferred dip but I like to present it slightly tossed with little amount of oil in the frying pan with the usual stuff used for tempering to give it a crisper bite.



Yummy Oats Delight


Happy Tasting and savor the food for life!





5 comments:

  1. wow bhabhi............ ummmmmmmmmmm............ so gud............. ah feelin hujgry now...........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! this is what happens when you don't make frequent visits to your relatives..you would have got an opportunity to taste it real time....

      Delete
  2. So nice to see your Blog finally, its an amazing experience for people like us to know that someone special like you care enough to give Healthy Options for sustenance....

    These are simply mouth watering and most importantly healthy options for people like us....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so inspired by your Blog that I just returned back from a Shopping Trip for Track Suit and Exercising Gear, if you with your job, family and other commitments can find time for pursuing your love for cooking, then I certainly can start with few steps...

    Will be dying to visit you for these delicacies..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Dhiman: I am so thrilled that my blog inspired you to take some step towards a much needed start ....all the best and you will certainly do well with your commitment...Stay healthy and visit me soon for some lip smacking delicacies...

      Delete