Thursday 9 February 2012


Where it all started!

Welcome to my world “full of dreams and aspirations”. I am addicted to two things: good food and living the simple pleasures of life to the fullest...I have no qualms in admitting that I am a born “Foodaholic” It’s hard to find the meaning of “foodaholic”in dictionary but the wiki dictionary explains it as: One who suffers from an addiction to food 


However I like to use it as per my perception-“Addiction to innovative, authentic and tasty food”

Now to talk about my other addiction is to have a life where I am able to enjoy every bit of simple pleasures that our everyday lives offer. That doesn’t mean that I don’t desire to lead a pompous life but I do want to enjoy every bit that comes along our way and we often tend to overlook its value by not giving enough importance or just by simply ignoring the value of what we already possess.

We are always aiming to get something which we don’t own it and we know that trying hard enough might not get us there but we still hold it close to our heart. I guess it’s simple because of our ever demanding human aspirations. Somewhere deep down my heart I always wanted to follow a simple life and struggling every day to make myself happy and my journey will continue till I come to peace with myself.


All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe it to my angel Mother!!! I miss her a lot but all that she taught me helps me to overpower any setback that comes into my life. She was a fighter and I continue her legacy :)
She taught me the meaning of Simple pleasures of life-those little magical moments in the day and the simplest things we do that make us smile or feel happy. You can’t help but smile when you think through it. You can divide them into three categories: First one comprises of your experience that comes through your daily life. The ten minutes in the morning with a huge cup of tea, when everyone else is still in the bed, a bath full of fragrant body wash, climbing into a bed made with cleanly laundered sheets and stretching out, eating your favorite meal all by yourself , having a foot massage from our loved ones (when they can be bothered!).The second one consists of magic moments with our children.  Huge squeezy cuddles, listening to and watching our kids giggling and playing.
The third category of magic moments is to enjoy the world around us.  Taking time to stop and appreciate the garden, the sunshine, flowers and the birds. 
 
Being born to an empowered family, getting sense of the beautiful world around us was not rocket science for me. As a teenager, I found a broader purview on the importance of loving your existence and to live happily and feeding yourself beautifully was another important part of it.
Nothing pleased my mom more than cooking for good friends and family. I also cook for the same reason I try out new places/eating joints -- to experience the thrill of discovering something new.
My mom was a working woman but on weekends my home turned into a little Indian Colony.
She was not known for churning out exotic food but she just made simple basic food very exotic. I guess because she poured all her love while cooking. You could feel the spicy smells emanating from the kitchen. Cooking authentic homemade Assamese food was her way of keeping herself close to the roots; and is the most important way to remain healthy.

This blog is an attempt to recreate the magic of some vanished classic foods of all time by keeping it alive and to explore the rustic authentic cuisines of India in my own style of cooking.

I believe that cooking can bond us to loved ones, while food can evoke memories. I hope my recipes and interesting insights about eating joints will inspire you to cook your own inspired meals, and to create your own landmark events and fondest memories about food.”While enjoying the food it’s important to cherish as I mentioned before-“simple pleasures” so we will definitely indulge ourselves with some doses of light hearted moments which will help us to relish-“Food for Life”

Do watch out this space for more exciting updates on food and life :)


No comments:

Post a Comment